81232886-Consultancy Water Utilities and their Wastewater Treatment Services Referenznummer der Bekanntmachung: 81232886
Bekanntmachung vergebener Aufträge
Ergebnisse des Vergabeverfahrens
Abschnitt I: Öffentlicher Auftraggeber
Dag-Hammarskjöld-Weg 1 - 5
Telefon: +49 6196796866
Fax: +49 619679806866
Abschnitt II: Gegenstand
81232886-Consultancy Water Utilities and their Wastewater Treatment Services
The GIZ is a federal enterprise that supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. The water programme CPWS assists Albania to provide affordable water supply and sewerage services to its population with an orientation at EU standards. The realisation of the EU action "EU support Waste water management and treatment services" (EUSWAM) delegated to GIZ aims at implementing the second component of "IPA 2016 - Support to Water Management" sector programme. The specific objective of the EUSWAM Action is to reduce pollution in Adriatic and Ionian coastal water via strengthened capacities and operation and maintenance of waste water infrastructure along the coast and in particular in selected municipalities that have benefited from EU support for the development of their waste water management infrastructure. Partly the target achievement of the project components should be taken over by a contractor.
The contractor will contribute to 2 out of 4 Results of the EUSWAM project:.
Improvement of the performance and performance reporting of selected waste water utilities along the coast of Albania.
The activities to be carried out are with regard to this result are:
1) updating of municipal service areas, compilation of relevant baseline data for water and sanitation services including diagnosis of water and sanitation performance, incl. baseline situation, identifying the possible improvement targets;
2) Design of action plan, including financial projections with target on performance improvement;
3) Establishment commercially oriented performance improvement system for water and sanitation services and operation (incl. incentive mechanisms; relation to "performance agreements" between MIE, Municipalities and Water Utilities);
4) Monitoring and evaluation of the progress of the implementation of the action plan and reporting to relevant stakeholders;
5) Key Performance Indicator (KPI) improvement measures (design and implementation) for transparency, customer care, energy efficiency, sludge management, preventive maintenance.
The improvement of the operation and maintenance of existing coastal Waste Water Treatment Plants (WWTP).
1) The activities to be carried out are with regard to this result are assessment of the operation and performance of the coastal WWTPs;
2) Review and recommend improvement for the monitoring of influents and effluents (quantity and quality) in terms of equipment and procedures;
3) Planning and implementation of results-oriented management and operational procedures for key WWTP operation objectives (preventive maintenance, sludge management and disposal, energy efficiency, WWTP effluent quality, etc.);
4) Introduction of standard operational procedures aligned with the EU UWWTD compliance requirements in terms of effluent quality released in water bodies;
5) Setting-up, providing O&M plans and standard operational procedures, defining O&M budget and strengthening technical units for waste water O&M;
6) Accompanying the WWTPs in their development process.
The Consulting Company will elaborate in a participatory process with the partners (6 coastal Water Utilities) the following deliverables in close cooperation with the GIZ-team:
- diagnosis and detailed study analyses for each project water utility and WWTP followed by preparing and implementing to all WUs, an accurate and simple way of collecting and reporting the KPI,
- separate action plan, including financial projections and recommendations for the improvement of target performances for each project water utility and WWTP,
- preparation and implementation of a performance and business-oriented system on the project Water Utility and WWTP,
- monitoring and evaluation system for each project water utility and WWTP,
- standard procedures and O&M plans for each project water utility and WWTP.
The consultant should have a solid experience in the field of water sector management and performance improvement; ability to manage, coordinate and monitor an integrated project implementation; ability to engage key stakeholders and other parties as necessary in order to carry out the activities proposed under this assignment and availability to complete the work as and when required. For more details the consultant is asked to kindly refer to the terms of reference.
Abschnitt IV: Verfahren
Abschnitt V: Auftragsvergabe
Auftragsvergabe AHT GROUP AG
Abschnitt VI: Weitere Angaben
Villemombler Straße 76
Telefon: +49 2289499-0
Fax: +49 2289499-163